Saturday 21 December 2013

Wrap Up for 2013

 Wow what a year it's been, 2013 has been a roller-coaster ride for me personally; starting my own business and this blog, finding my feet in the amazing world of motherhood & generally trying to to 10 things at once everyday.

Christmas is a magical time of year especially for your little ones, there's so much anticipation and mystery going on as the build up draws closer!
Here are a few simple goals that I have set myself for the next 12 months. I wanted to share them with you to see what you have in store for this next year? I think the key here is simplicity; setting more than a few will make them harder to achieve.

Tackling a new meal once a week
 I want to set this to both broaden my horizons in the culinary world and also to show my little girl and husband there's no need to stop experimenting and trying new tastes my the kitchen. I have been getting pretty damn boring with my standard meals, and don't want to lose sight of how many amazing combinations of food there is to be had!
 This meal can be breaky lunch or dinner, there's no need to go overboard with complicated recipes but with the access to recipes out there now with various apps and sites it's hard not to get carried away.



some of my favourite inspirations for recipes are:


Starting a Special Christmas family tradition
Some of our ideas have been:
making a special box of cookies and delivering it to random people like nurses, ambo's, homeless shelters etc.
Creating (thinking about it can be half the fun)  a new decoration every year for our tree
Making our own advent calender and putting specially chosen treats in there (we started that this year using this cute folded paper houses, it's quite fun although a bit time consuming!)
Find the tutorial we used here: Mr Printables

Keeping track of milestones both big & small
Admission- I've been pretty slack about keeping track of Sophia's progress through her first 19 months but not any more! We've recently started a milestone journal in which we keep track of all of our achievements or big events in our lives. I love the idea of keeping track of small things as well as big, often they can be the little gems that will set us off on a new path. I can imagine sitting back one day soon to giggle and cringe at our little family story.
Some notable mentions so far have been;
-Sophia's first time at taking her nappy off in the cot (sorry Nanny!)
- Jen launching the Bright Interiors website
- My husband learning how to dye my hair (winning!)
- Sophia jumping (apparently that's a big milestone)



May you and your family all enjoy a fantastic festive season and let 2014 be the year you shine!

Love xxx


1 comment:

  1. Great ideas about the family traditions I may have to steal a few of them for us! x

    ReplyDelete